V3 SLIM TRANSMITTER EMERGENCY FIRMWARE UPDATE:
If you get a solid WHITE LED on your V3 Slim transmitter, and your transmitter is not recognized by the GUI configuration program, and will not respond or beep, then you have a firmware error. This is usually caused by loading the receiver firmware, or an older version firmware into your transmitter. Use this procedure for locked up transmitters only, Do NOT use this procedure for RED LED, GREEN LED, or other errors where the transmitter is operating but will simply not be recognized by the GUI configuration program, that is a different issue.
SOLUTION: You need to use the emergency firmware update mode to load the LATEST firmware to get it working again. Do the following procedure:
1. Power OFF the system.
2. Put the EX1 switch to the maximum position ( Closest to SMA connector )
3. Hold down the MENU button.
4. Plug in the USB cable.
5. Now you can release the MENU button, start the firmware update utility, and choose the correct and latest version of Transmitter firmware. NOTE: This error usually happens due to loading the receiver firmware, or an old version firmware into your transmitter. Make sure you download and load the latest firmware version from the download section of this website.
V3 MICRO RECEIVER EMERGENCY FIRMWARE UPDATE:
SYMPTOMS: Receiver is locked up, Only the RED LED on the micro receiver lights up when powered, will not bind, and the receiver will not respond to or be recognized by the GUI software. NOTE: Do NOT use this procedure for a receiver that will simply not bind, but is recognized by the GUI software, that is a different issue.
SOLUTION: Use the Emergency Firmware Update mode to load the proper firmware into your receiver. This problem is usually caused by loading the Transmitter firmware, or old firmware into your Micro Receiver. Download the latest firmware version from this website and use the following procedure to update it:
1. Power OFF your receiver.
2. Put a standard computer jumper, or use any piece of metal to JUMP the RSSI signal pin to the CENTER pin of the receiver as shown in the picture below.
3. Plug in the USB cable.
4. Now you can release the short, or remove the jumper, start the firmware update utility and load the latest receiver firmware. Note, make sure you choose the latest and RECEIVER firmware since this problem is usually caused by loading the wrong firmware version into the receiver.