CHOOSE THE TYPE OF TELEMETRY YOU WANT
Each telemetry type had different advantages and disadvantages. We will give you a basic explanation of your options here. For more detailed information and full instructions on how to set up each telemetry type, click on each telemetry type you want.
1. GPS TELEMETRY: Simply connect a GPS to your Dragon Link receiver, and you can have moving map, speed, direction and other GPS information displayed on your device.
2. TARANIS TELEMETRY: Connect one wire from the UEXP port of your Dragon Link Transmitter to your Taranis RC transmitter, and you can display RSSI, voltage, and other information directly on your Taranis Screen.
3. MAVLINK TELEMETRY: Connect your Pixhawk or other Mavlink telemetry device directly to your Dragon Link Receiver, and you can have moving map, full flight panel, and many other Mavlink parameters displayed on your device.
4. VECTOR TELEMETRY: Connect your Eagle Tree Vector directly to the Dragon Link receiver, and you can have moving map, full flight panel, and other vector telemetry displayed on your device.
5. RF MODEM: You can transmit any telemetry data using the RF modem option. Connect your TXD and RXD directly to your Dragon Link receiver, and the data will be output at the transmitter side just as any RF modem does. Dragon Link had longer range and eliminates the need for installing separate RF modems.
You can also connect the Dragon Link Transmitter to your display device using a standard Micro USB cable as you would have for your camera or phone. You must activate the USB port on the Dragon Link Transmitter for telemetry operation before it will work. To activate USB cable telemetry operation, open the Dragon Link Transmitter configuration software and:
1. Click on the " RADIO MODEM AND TELEMETRY " tab on the top. The radio Telemetry and Modem setup page will be displayed, near the bottom of the lust " USB ALTERNATIVE " dropdown menu and choose " DRAGON LINK MAVLINK " or " RADIO MODEM ". Choose SAVE SETTINGS, and repower the Transmitter for these changes to take effect.
IMPORTANT: When the USB port on the Dragon Link transmitter is in telemetry mode, it will no longer connect to or work with the Transmitter Configuration Software. You must EXIT USB telemetry mode before you can use the configuration software again. To exit telemetry mode and put the USB port back into configuration / normal mode:
1. Hold bind button down and power on transmitter.
2. Transmitter will cycle through different options, on option # 5 ( 5 BEEPS, and PURPLE LED ), release the button. The Dragon Link's USB port is now in normal mode.